Saturday, January 24, 2009

Recover files hidden by w32 silly virus

I recently got infected by W32 Silly virus passed on to me by a friend. My symantec antivirus has effectively removed the virus but where did all the files disappear from my USB stick?

I have been searching 3 days through googling but so far I did not come across anything effective. I downloaded a couple of undelete programs but they did not give me back my files.

Finally today I discovered all my hidden files. In windows explorer, Tools -> Folder Options -> View , Advanced setting: untick the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended). Now, this will show your files in your USB drive.

Right click the files and tick the archive. Now you can view all the files and folders which have been hidden. Such a simple unlock, wonder why there is no proper instructions in any website I googled.


No comments: