Monday, December 13, 2004

Incredible Incident at Vaitheeswaran Koil

I went to see my Kula Daivam in a small village near Chidambaram with my family. I have been taking lots of Photos during this time and I had several photos of my Kula daivam - "Badrakaali Amman". After which, we had travelled to Vaitheeswaran Koil in Chidambaram.
I went near the temple tank and was happily snapping away. The mandap in the middle of the tank looked exquisite in the twilight hour. I wanted to take one different angle, where I could focus on the temple interior through the temple entrance and lo !!! Surprises !!! I find my camera battery empty ! I thought that it was full some few minutes back and I have an indicator which shows if it is on a smaller level. (I have a Canon Digital Rebel SLR).I do have tricks up my sleeve. I switched off the camera. Waited 5 minutes, switched it on. Still no sign of life !! After which, being disappointed, I resigned myself to my fate, and switched off the camera.

I came back home, wanting to download the pictures onto my PC. But I would require to charge battreries since to transfer, it requires some amount of power in the camera. I connected to my PC, just thought I would check if any power was there and again SURPRISES !!! I had a full battery !!! I connected and was able to tranfer all the pictures back to my PC and still the battery was full. Maybe god did not want me to take that picture ? What else could I attribute it to ? My camera is perfect.

I did mention this incident to my sister and she tells me that I was making it up. I am not making it up. In fact both my dad and mom were near me at that time and I did try for some time to make the camera function there. I do beleive now that there was some power near the temple tank which prevented me from snapping in that angle.
I did manage to get one very beautiful picture.

and another one

4 comments:

Hari said...

As usual I am able to see them. But since I shall come visiting you in a while, maybe I shld be able to determine the cause of this problem.
The pictures can be seen at
http://www.geocities.com/sharikrishnan/Vaitheaswaran_Koil2.jpg and
http://www.geocities.com/sharikrishnan/Vaitheaswaran_Koil1.jpg

Anonymous said...

Balaji.. were you referring to me when you said that your sis thought you had made it up.. I never said that.. I said that maybe you made a mistake while taking a photo..

Hari said...

Hey Choms...you know how much I love photography, would I make a mistake ? Would I give up so easily ? Anyway, no problems.

QuaTros said...

Hey Hari,thats a really curious incident indeed. Well, I still feel that there are many things that do not stand up to human reasoning. Take for example, the feeling of "deja vu" that our mind conjures up about certain incidents. :-)